Thursday 24 December 2009

Harvest totals

I've belatedly realised that it'd be smart to keep track of the total amount of food we harvest from our vegetable garden. Of course it's way too late to tell how much lettuce and radish we got a few weeks back - those are long gone, and the replacement lettuces haven't grown big enough to eat yet. I should have been more organised with the succession planting so I didn't have this big gap.

Anyway, here is what I estimate we have harvested so far:
Strawberries - 1112g
Raspberries - 20g
Tomatoes (Early Girl) - 183g
Total:  1315g

I'll try to keep a more accurate total from now on, and do my best to keep track of the tomatoes per variety. I'm planting a wide variety this year but if something is noticeably better or more prolific than something else then I should tailor next year's planting to suit.

No comments:

Post a Comment