Monday 9 November 2009

The good and the bad

The good:
  • there are green tomatoes on both the indoor and outdoor Early Girl plants
  • most of my other tomato seeds are germinating quite well
  • the strawberries starting to ripen in the beds outside (and in fact I just ate the first one - yum!)
  • the potatoes in their plastic bags are growing nicely, and I'm particularly taken with the purple ones, which turned out to have purpley-green leaves as well

The bad:
  • my Roma tomato seedlings all baked to death, in the conservatory on an unexpectedly hot day
  • the lemon tree has shed almost all of its leaves, and will have to be planted outside somewhere - anywhere! - before it expires completely
  • something has chewed holes in a lot of the lettuce leaves
  • we still haven't finished ripping out the weeds from the veggie garden and putting down the last of the weed matting, so I have no new photos
Maybe this weekend we'll get to grips with the last of it. I will update if we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment