Friday 29 January 2010

Changes

The butter beans have baby bean pods on them! And one of the outdoor peppers has a little pepper growing. There are tiny green tomatoes on several of the outdoor tomato plants, too - Roma, Bloody Butcher, and something I haven't got a name for. Possibly a Moneymaker.

The indoor tomatoes are looking unhappy (limp and mottled) and my research indicated that they might be suffering from mites. I bought some Tomato Dust and have given them all a liberal coating, so I hope that helps. And the three huge tomatoes on the Black Krim were too much for the plant to hold and the whole stem ripped right off. I have them on the windowsill now and one of the tomatoes has ripened to a gratifying pink colour, so maybe I'll still get to eat them, but it's hardly an ideal solution. If that plant produces any more fruit I'll have to find some way of rigging up a support so this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment