Friday 22 January 2010

Is this tomato normal?

This is the underside of a Black Krim tomato, and I've got no idea if this is normal or not. I've never grown this variety before but I seem to remember reading somewhere that it can be very ugly (or maybe that was the Black from Tula that I'm thinking of). If this is just routine tomato ugliness then I can live with it, but I don't want to waste time and energy on a plant that's diseased.All four tomatoes on this plant have the same issue to a degree but this one is definitely the worst.

A friend suggested that it might be blossom end rot, but I don't really think so. It's dry and clean, not mushy or bad-looking in any way. If anybody reading this knows how Black Krims are meant to look, please post and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment